We are excited to announce that we will begin piloting telemedicine visits starting on March 24, 2020 after 1 pm. This will enable us to provide care to you and your children during the current COVID – 19 pandemic, from the convenience and comfort of your home!
We are committed to maintaining the same level of evidence-based pediatric care that we have always provided with in-person visits.
To utilize telemedicine:
- Call the office you normally go to & tell them you’d like to book a telemedicine appointment
- Visit our secure telemedicine portal website by clicking here & click “Register” use our code practice code 5715 if prompted. Or download the Anytime Pediatrics app and enter practice code 5715 to register.
- Sign in from your laptop or the app up to 15 minutes prior to your visit. Snap & upload any photos you believe will be helpful (especially great for rashes).
NOTE: At your scheduled appointment time please have:
- A charged smartphone, or tablet/computer with a camera and microphone
- Have good internet service at your location (and please do not sign on while driving)
- The patient’s weight, medications and temperature
- A flashlight is sometimes helpful/necessary if lighting is poor
As we rollout this new service, we will be gradually adding features in types of visits that will be eligible for telemedicine. You will be asked if you prefer a telemedicine appointment when you are scheduling an appointment.
Examples of visits that will be eligible via telemedicine include: ADHD medication checks; behavioral health visits; and many common sick visits that do not require lab testing or ear exams. These would include colds and typical upper respiratory infections along with rashes, pinkeye, etc.
Diagnoses that cannot be made via telemedicine include ear infections, asthma exacerbations and other more acute issues. Well visits and check-ups must also be conducted in the office.
If during your telemedicine appointment it is determined that additional testing is needed, you will be asked to come by the office for a rapid strep test, flu test or a urinalysis test.
We look forward to bringing this new service to you during this challenging time and appreciate your patience as we continue to evolve to meet your needs. If you have any questions, please reach out and call or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Doctors and Staff of Tri-County Pediatrics